Mother Of College Student Who Died After Charity Pancake Eating Contest Reaches Settlement With School

A picture of the outside of an emergency department.

The mother of a college student who died after choking during a charity pancake eating contest has reportedly reached a settlement with the Connecticut school where the tragic incident took place.

Caitlin Nelson was taking part in the charity event at Sacred Heart University in 2017 when she began choked while eating. As the Independent reported, two nursing students saw her begin to choke and immediately administered aid, and police and paramedics later joined in treating the college student. But Nelson did not recover, suffering severe brain damage due to a lack of oxygen and eventually dying after being taken to a nearby hospital and later transferred to another in New York City.

Click here to continue and read more…

The Inquisitr


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here